It’s not about You

devotion


For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for himColossians 1:16 (NIV)


What is life?
How do you live?
What is your purpose?

These are simple questions yet complex.
How we answer these will dictate how we dwell in our lives. 
These will give directions to our lives, our life style, our mindsets and our actions.
However, a lot of people are confounded on pursuing how to deal with it.
That’s why we typically begin at the wrong point.

We assumed that the answers should always be pleasant and agreeable on our end.
What do I want to be? How am I going to achieve my ambitions and dreams in life?

Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life’s purpose.
We need to understand that our purpose is greater than everything.
Yes, we can be successful in life but still miss the purpose why we are created.
We can be successful in life but still miss the purpose why we are created.
Though self-help books can offer how to deal with life, help  to set goals, motivate to aim high, to put disciplined, to believe, and never give up and pursue to achieve it, however, genuine and absolute purpose can never be revealed not until we go to the Creator of our purpose and to whom we are created.

Just like any appliances or gadgets, we need to check the creator’s manual in order to fully consume its purposes, functions and uses - And so with life. Our lives are part of the creation, we are the creation therefore it has a Creator and He provided us manual to learn more about ourselves and about Him– the Bible.

It's not about you.
It's about God.
He is not only the starting point but the source of it.

In spite of everything, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

Prayer:

Lord, help me to realize that my life is not about myself and my desires. Fullness of joy and contentment will only come if I will surrender my life to you and acknowledge that You alone are the author of it. As I seek You more, may You reveal yourself to me God, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.